Creating and sustaining responsible jewelry supply chains is extraordinarily complex. The jewelry industry, governments, NGOs, communities, individual employers, and consumers each have a stake, often with conflicting interests.
To reconcile these divergent viewpoints requires transparent communication, deep listening, and collaborative problem-solving.
The Chicago Responsible Jewelry Conference is where the stakeholders in the jewelry supply chain gather to participate in the skillful navigation of challenging problems.
We are in the process of finalizing all speakers and topics for the 2022 conference, which will take place on November 4-5 in downtown Chicago. Among our presentations will be new ideas, information, and progress reports on:
- The state of responsible jewelry practices
- Resettlement of native populations related to gold and gemstone mining
- The jewelry industry's carbon impact
- New responsible gold supplies coming online
- The 2022 Fairmined Challenge
- Impact of gold, gemstone and diamond mining activites on the Congo River Basin
More speakers and topics will be announced over the coming weeks.